Tuesday, April 13, 2010

LGBT Activism at it's Best!

I took a break for a few days but now i am back. During the time I was gone I met some amazing people and did some amazing things. At a screening for a documentary screening called bullicides (about LGBT kids who are bullied so badly they commit suicide) I met Daryl Presgraves who is the communications director for GLSEN and Dr. Eliza Bayard the executive director of GLSEN. Daryl recognized me from my tweets asking me if i was rememberandhope on twitter. When I replied that I was he told me that he loves my tweets and reccomended that I apply for the GLSEN ambassadors program, which connects LGBT youth with social media. I also met, through her website and a confrence call Laura who is the executive director of NMB and who is organizing for harvey milk day in may. Day of silence is on friday and I am so pumped! I am so excited to participate, organize and get active for this most wonderful event. I have been planning ever since last years DOS and now my plans are finally coming true. Now I am just trying to get the word out and do the right thing. Also, I started a conversation with Ryan Cassata a 16 year old FTM transgender. He is so nice and so smart and inspiring. I think that he can help me alot and we can eventually partner to do something great together. I love meeting new people, being an LGBT activist and just making the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment