Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why do i never post???

Ok things that have happened while I have been gone
1. Prop 8, Courage Campaign
2. Student Senate meeting, speech should focus on me not on general LGBT stuff, I think other way around, told teacher, teacher helping me write speech
3. MLK organizing week, Bayard Rustin was MLK's friend who was openly gay and a civil rights activist. MLK had a dream that all people would be viewed as equal, even gay people.
4. went back to Live Out Loud this week and it was great. Gatherings 3rd wendsday of the month (next month feb 24) @ NYC Museum School
5. My schools first GSA meeting happened this week
6. No Name Calling Week is next week and my two freinds are organizing it. should get interesting.
7. My podcast is now on itunes and on blip.tv my username is lgbtadvocate for both.
writing some memoir this weekend.

Love Ya

"Never thought that it'd be easy cuz were o so distant now, and the walls are closing in on us and were wondering how, no one has a solid answer when your walking in the dark and you see the look on my face it just tears me apart"- Down to Earth, Justin Beiber (yes hes annoying and sounds like a girl and yes sometimes i feel like i want to rip out his vocal chords (just kidding) but he has great lyrics in some of his songs and I really want to tell him my story. Some day, some day.)

1 comment:

  1. You don't know how happy this post made me. :D I mean come on, Live Out Loud, No Name Calling Week, and some Bayard Rustin thrown right on in there! :D

    But remember he wasn't just MLK's friend he was his Advisor too. So so important when showing how important he himself was in the Civil Rights moveent. :D just thought I'd add that even though I KNOW you already know that. :D


    <3 Sarah

    ReplyDelete