Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hey Everyone

  Hi I'm Emmy, and this is my blog. Its a supplement, a helper if you will to my podcast that you can find at the top of this page, here: http://lgbtadvocate.blip.tv/rss and soon on itunes. I know that reading this might not be that exciting at times but i really need help with this fight. That's right, I called it a fight. But it is. It's a fight to make my school the first Jewish school in NYC to gain a GSA. I need to make things right for me as the first openly gay person and for all the kids who have yet to come out but will. There needs to be a support system at my school. People need to see who I am and why I matter. Where is the goodness that the Jewish community always promises? The people are not living up to what they promised me at the tours of the school. It's a shame what people will do to you sometimes. I'm not saying the faculty and students dont care they just have other, more important things on their mind. That reminds me of a rent song i used to listen to called "You'll See" (BTW rent is a musical that has alot to do with gay rights + it's my fave musical) and they will see that this year, it will be a transformative year for our school and for many other schools across the country. Please Join me any way you can. I go to meetings monthy with an organization called live out loud (liveoutloud.org)  and i volenteer with the GLSEN (glsen.org) alot. Please help me in this battle within my community.

Thanks

"I have seen the others and I have discovered that this fight is not worth fighting and I've seen their mothers and I have no other to follow me where I'm going"

No comments:

Post a Comment