Friday, February 26, 2010

The Biggest News Ever!

Ok,  so I was thinking about how I could build up my credibility and be professional. I thought about putting badges of organizations I belonged to on the blog and having people see what kind of person I am by what kind of organizations and associations I belonged to. So I started looking for associations specifically oriented with helping LGBT youth. The weird thing was I couldn't find any really legitimate associations that did anything of the sort. So I remembered talking to a friend that was thinking of setting up a website about LGBT issues and she was using yola.com to build her site.  The moment I realized that I decided to start my own association to bridge the gap. My association would help kids connect and get active in their environments, communities and schools. It would help them get active and help them learn about what is going on in the LGBT world at large, even connect them to bigger LGBT organizations. This is called the National Gay Youth Association, and I have begun building the site at http://ngya.yolasite.com and though it is not finished yet I will encourage you to check it out now and to leave feed back on our contact us page. Also please feel free to promote our site on your social networking profiles such as facebook and twitter. I have started a facebook fan page for NGYA and enourage you to become a fan there as well. This is really exciting for me and even though I am still down, I know that this will make things better.

"cuz im in too deep and im trying to keep up above in my head instead of going under, stead of going under again, stead of going under again.." -In Too Deep, Sum 41

No comments:

Post a Comment